Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mmmmm..... Cupcakes!

Awhile back I had pinned this little cupcake recipe from How Sweet It Is... Hadn't gotten around to making this until I think it was last week when I all of the sudden really wanted a cupcake.... I followed the recipe except for the fact I didn't have regular all-purpose flour and I only had some whole wheat... Also mine took around 20 minutes to bake not 10-12... But guess what folks?! They turned out deeeeee wait for it.... licious! (I've been watching too much "How I Met Your Mother"... Thanks a lot Barney Stinson) Slightly different texture with the flour but who cares... It was like a lovely vanilla heaven descended into my mouth.... No pictures of those two cupcakes because Scott and I totally ate them and I forgot.... But not to worry! I had the brilliant idea of we need to turn these into some delicious chocolatey heaven! As a precautionary measure, I did take pictures right after frosting so that if indeed they did taste like the chocolatey heaven I hoped for that I would blog them...

Oh so yummy!
I'm thinking that these need to get made again (tonight!) to use up that leftover frosting in the fridge..


Chocolate Heaven Cupcakes for 2

1 egg white
2 Tbs sugar
2 Tbs melted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp chocolate extract (optional)
1 tsp cocoa powder
1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp (heaping) baking powder
1 1/2 Tbs milk

Whisk melted butter and sugar together. Add egg white and whisk. Add extracts and cocoa powder and whisk. Next add flour and baking powder and whisk to combine. Add milk and whisk. Pour into two cupcake liners.

Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes (ovens and pan types may vary cooking time). Let those tempting little chocolate cupcakes cool completely, then frost.

Finally hide them out of site until after dinner, otherwise you may eat them. Well that could be okay too. It just depends on if you are trying to have a lovely dessert with your significant other.

and I'm off to go make those cupcakes again!

No comments:

Post a Comment