Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, April 27, 2012

I've been quite the slacker!

I'm so busy cooking and enjoying life that I just have had an epic fail with blogging about all the wonderful cookings and going ons! Since I had a friend ask me how do you do Mongolian Beef in the slow cooker.......... well here is how! I found the original recipe over at Notes from the Heartland... I had to make some changes because I refuse to spend $10 on a little bottle of cooking sherry and some of the things I had on hand and it's worked out every time just fine...

Crock pot Mongolian Beef
1 1/2 lb. ball tip steak or flank steak
3 cloves garlic, minced
4 sliced green onions
1 t. onion powder
1/2 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. white wine
1/8 c. red wine
1/8 c. balsamic vinegar
1/2 T. white wine vinegar
1 t. olive oil
1 t. toasted sesame seeds
1 t. molasses
1 t. powdered ginger
1/4 t. black pepper
1 t. red chili flakes
1/2 T. peanut butter
3 T. brown sugar
1/4 c. cornstarch

1) Slice meat thin, toss with cornstarch.
2) Put all liquid and dry spices into crock pot, add PB, mix well.
3) Add garlic and green onions.  Put meat on top, toss gingerly.
4) Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours (mine took around 4).

I also like to slice up half of a medium/large onion and then serve it over white rice. Since the husband doesn't really care for broccoli, I roast some asparagus to serve on the side...  If I remember I'll take a picture before I tear into it later! Otherwise check the original source for a scrumptious looking picture :)

No comments:

Post a Comment